Pursuing A Medical Malpractice Claim
Identifying when a medical professional has made a serious medical error is not always easy. When doctors, nurses and other medical staff make mistakes, they usually will not tell you. If you suspect that you or a family member was a victim of medical malpractice, get answers.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Errors rise to the level of medical malpractice when a medical professional’s care and actions fall below the standard of care that other reasonable and competent medical professionals with a similar background and experience would provide under the same circumstances.
It can be daunting trying to take on a medical establishment. Proving medical malpractice cases can be challenging. Make sure you have a team in your corner who can guide you through the process and who has the ability to obtain results. The attorneys at Tucker & Miller in Phoenix, Arizona, are experienced at handling medical negligence claims. We have a strong track record of success in Maricopa County.
We handle a variety of medical malpractice claims, including:
- Failure to diagnose cancer: While cancer is increasingly becoming a treatable disease, a doctor’s failure to diagnose early symptoms of cancer can have an impact on your treatment and outcome.
- Failure to diagnose heart attack: Heart attacks often go undiagnosed in emergency room settings. A failure to diagnose a myocardial infarction or heart attack can result in serious injury or death.
- Surgical errors: Sadly, errors in surgery such as leaving clamps, scissors and even towels inside patients continue to happen in our hospitals.
- Orthopedic surgical errors: During bone surgery, if fractures are not properly set within a short amount of time, bones can fuse together and cause a loss of mobility.
- Neurologist/Neurosurgeon malpractice: Errors made during brain or spinal cord surgery can have a devastating effect on a patient’s life.
Why Pursue A Medical Malpractice Claim?
There are a few reasons you should consider pursuing a medical malpractice claim. The first is to compensate you for your injuries and/or loss. While a lawsuit will not be able to undo what has happened, compensation for an injury can be critical to meet the economic demands that arise from a medical injury. The second reason is to hold medical professionals and establishments accountable and protect other patients.
There Is No Risk To You. You Pay Nothing Unless We Recover For You
When you pursue a medical malpractice claim with our firm, there is no out-of-pocket expense for you. We assume the costs and liabilities associated with bringing your case. You do not have to pay anything unless we recover.
Find Out If You Have A Medical Malpractice Claim
If you are wondering whether you have an actionable medical malpractice claim, we invite you to contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. You can email us online or call our Phoenix office directly at 602-870-5511 to schedule your free consultation.